Orion Glass is the largest company in the Ukrainian market that represents a group of high-tech enterprises engaged in industrial glass processing, manufacturing of glass products and glass units for use in construction, transport machine building, production of furniture, retail and industrial equipment, interior design and other spheres of application.
Applying the technology of triplexing, the enterprise produces following types of protective laminated glass: shockproof, bulletproof, armored glass.
Laminated glass is a protective multilayer glass type that belongs to the class of safety glasses and has increased strength. Triplex manufacturing procedure consists in “interlacing” of two or more glass panes with a special polymer that does not allow their destruction under mechanical stress. At the same time, all glass properties such as transparency, light transmission, etc. remain unchanged, that is, triplex looks like ordinary glass, considerably surpassing it in strength.
Our offered triplex options include:
- Transparent flat and bent triplex
- Colored flat and bent triplex
- Triplex combination of tempered and untreated glass
- Armored glass of any thickness (certified)
Technical production capabilities:
- Maximum flat triplex size: 3,500 х 2,000 mm
- Maximum bent triplex size: 3,500 х 2,000 mm
Thanks to resistance against breaking and complexity of subsequent removal of fragments, triplex glasses have vandal-proof properties. If necessary, it is possible to manufacture triplex glass of various thickness, including options with an increased protection level.
Protective multilayered glass.
Having many years of experience in triplexing technology, our specialists offer exclusive methods for production of safety, shockproof and armored glass structures.
Protective multilayered glass is a composition of two or more glass panes (including tempered glass) firmly glued with each other by layers of a polymer film obtained by solidification of a special composition. Such a film ensures absence of fragments in case of glass destruction. Depending on thickness of the original glass and thickness of the polymer layers, it is possible to create products with different levels of protection. Protection degree is determined by glass thickness (from 10 to 100 mm or even more).
Depending on its purpose, multilayered glass is divided into the following types:
- Shockproof glass – protection classes SZU-1, SZU-2, SZU-3, SZU-4; Shockproof glass is a protective glass that can withstand repeated impact of a freely falling body with standardized characteristics. The main purpose of shockproof glass is to prevent entry into the premises. The specifications of shockproof glass comply with the requirements of the standard DSTU 4546:2008 “Glass in building. Security glazing. Testing and classification of resistance against manual break-i
- Bulletproof glass is protective glass that withstands the effect of firearms and prevents the penetration of the striking element through it. The specifications of shockproof glass comply with the requirements of the standard DSTU 4546:2006 “Security glazing. Testing and classification of resistance against bullet attack” and provide protection against firearms with protection class SP-1, SP-2, SP-3, SP-4. Bulletproof glass can be of two types: nonsplintering and splintering.
Types of certified multilayered bulletproof safety glass:
- SPBO-1, resistance class SK-1 (DSTU 4546:2008), resistant against 9 mm Makarov pistol bullet. Glass thickness 13.5 ± 0.2 mm
- SPBO-2, resistance class SK-2 (DSTU 4546:2008), resistant against 7.62 mm Tokarev pistol bullet. Glass thickness 17.8 ± 0.5 mm
- SPBO-3, resistance class SK-3 (DSTU 4546:2008), resistant against Kalashnikov assault rifle bullet. Glass thickness 42.5 ± 0.5 mm
- SPBO-4, resistance class SK-4 (DSTU 4546:2008), resistant against Dragunov sniper rifle bullet. Glass thickness 167.4 ± 0.5 mm
- Armored glass – protection classes SZP-1, SZP-2, SZP-3, SZP-4, nonsplintering and splintering
Armored glass has the following protective properties:
- withstands multiple impacts
- resistant against piercing
- withstands bullets of firearms
Applications of armored glass:
- facilities containing material, historical and cultural values (depositories of museums, art galleries)
- operating rooms of banks, premises of government authorities
- trading floors of jewelry and weapons stores
- glazing of private apartments / cottages
- glazing of cash transit vans
Certified according to the state standards of Ukraine DSTU 4546:2006 and DSTU 4547:2006 that correspond to European standards EN 1063:1999, MOD and EN 1522:1998, MOD at LLC “Center for Certification of Banking Equipment, Security Structures, Protective Equipment and Quality Systems”.
Armored glass is certified by the Center for Certification of Banking Equipment and complies with the standard DSTU 4546:2006 GSTU 78.11.002-1999
Architectural multilayered glass with break-in protection class is certified in compliance with the standard DSTU B V 2.7-123.2004
Protective glass (shockproof, bulletproof, armored glass) is certified by the State Center for Certification of Security Equipment at the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
Safety multilayered glass for ground vehicles is produced in compliance with the standard DSTU UN/ECE R 43-00-2002.