The issue of noise insulation is of particular relevance for residents of big cities, especially if windows face a street with heavy traffic.
A noise insulation glass unit uses a simple physical effect: glass with different glass thickness effectively absorbs acoustic vibrations of a different frequency.
Noise insulation properties of a glass unit are achieved through the following factors:
- A triple-pane glass unit
- Glasses of different thickness are at equal distances (an asymmetrical glass unit)
- The thicker glass - the better noise insulation
- A various width of distance-type frame (a distance between panes)
- Air-tightness of joints
- Tight closing of leaves
“Thicker” glass is installed into a noise insulation glass unit as external glass. And multilayer triplex is the best for it. In it, thin layers of glass are glued between themselves by transparent film, creating a single whole. Its use allows to increase not only noise insulation but safety of a building. Noise insulation of triplex reaches 30-35 dB.
A glass unit together with triplex glass provides noise insulation from 40 to 70 dB.
To increase noise insulation properties of glass units is also possible due to the application of noise insulation film TROSIFOL SOUND CONTROL SC+
TROSIFOL SOUND CONTROL SC+ is a completely new development, a decisive advantage of which makes itself in mass production of noise insulation glass. Many European laboratories prove that standardized glass units, which are manufactured by using SC+ reach noise insulation over 50 dB.
Comparing of noise insulation coefficients:
- A glass unit 4-16-4:к = 29 dB
- A glass unit 6-14-4:к = 34 dB
- A glass unit 4-10-4-10-4:к = 32 dB
- A glass unit 6-8-4-10-4:к = 36 dB
Advantages of noise insulation glass units:
- A high level of noise insulation
- Reduction of vibrations
- Increased hardness of glass
- Quiet and comfort